This dish needs to sit for at least ½ hour after cooking to ‘set up’ – this is important, or it will slide all over the place – so the first two pans need to go into the oven by 10:30 to be on the safe side.
· Peel and slice eggplant into ¼ inch slices( veggie cutters if F/C)
· Batter the eggplant with egg and breadcrumb mixture-see recipe. Veggie cutters can do this also and place the battered eggplant onto oiled cookie sheets.
· Make sauce- follow recipe
· Brown the eggplant at 375 degrees- do not brown very much or the eggplant will shrink too much!
· Keep the ovens on for baking the entrée later
· Warm Pane Paisano in oven with damp towels over them before cutting and serving. Serve with butter/margarine
· Steam vegetables
· Start by covering 5 deep hotel pans with lecithin-oil mix (2 pans for between courses), then cover with a thin layer of sauce.
· Arrange layers of browned and breaded eggplant, alternating with layers of sauce mozzarella. 2 layers is plenty.
· Bake for about 45 hour at 350 F.
· Try to have the first servings of entrée ready by so it can set up before you serve it.
Eggplant Parmasan Date
16c 4 1/2c Bread crumbs
10lb 2lb Mozzarella cheese
7lb 2lb Romano cheese
30lb 9lb Eggplant
40 14 Eggs, beaten
6 cans 2 cans Tomato sauce
11lb 3lb Onion, chopped
3lb 1 lb Celery, chopped
4c 1c Garlic
10lb 3lb Spaghetti or
9loaves 3loaves Pane Paisano
+ Seasonal veg