Lasagna needs to sit for at least ½ hour after cooking to ‘set up’ – this is important, or it will slide all over the place – so the first two pans need to go into the oven by 10:15 to be on the safe side.




F/C                   N/C

6                           2                 #10 cans tomato sauce

20 c                      7 c               chopped onions

3c                         ½ c               garlic, minced

1 ¾ c                      ½ c               olive oil

2 T                        ½ t               salt

2 cups                   ½ c               minced parsley                         

1 C                        ¼ c               basil (DRY), or fresh

3 tbsp                   ¾ T              coarsley chopped fennel seeds

6                           2                 celery tops with leaves



F/C                   N/C

15 #                      4 #              frozen spinach

20 #                     5 #              ricotta cheese

10#                       2 ½ #           mozarella

4 c                        1 c               Parmesan

10#                       3#               lasagna noodles




·        Put the tomato sauce in a large pot

·        Sauté onions and garlic separately in olive oil

·        To this, add fennel seeds, dry basil, and continue to sauté,

·        add sauteed veg to sauce.

·        Using flame tamer and lowest heat possible, allow to cook for about 1 hour. Remove celery tops just before serving.





·        mix parsley and spinach with ricotta and add 4 cups of Parmesan cheese to this-do this in the R6 or Hobart




·        Start by covering 5 deep hotel pans with lecithin-oil mix (2 pans for between courses), then cover with a thin layer of sauce.

·        Arrange layers of uncooked lasagna noodles, alternating with layers of spinach ricotta mixtureand mozarella. put sauce on each layer

·        Do this until you have at least 4 layers of noodles

·        There should be noodles on the top covered with sauce and a bit of cheese.

·        Bake for about 1 hour at 350 F.