Lasagna needs to sit for at least ½ hour after cooking to ‘set up’ – this is important, or it will slide all over the place – so the first two pans need to go into the oven by 10:15 to be on the safe side.
6 2 #10 cans tomato sauce
20 c 7 c chopped onions
3c ½ c garlic, minced
1 ¾ c ½ c olive oil
2 T ½ t salt
2 cups ½ c minced parsley
1 C ¼ c basil (DRY), or fresh
3 tbsp ¾ T coarsley chopped fennel seeds
6 2 celery tops with leaves
15 # 4 # frozen spinach
20 # 5 # ricotta cheese
10# 2 ½ # mozarella
4 c 1 c Parmesan
10# 3# lasagna noodles
· Put the tomato sauce in a large pot
· Sauté onions and garlic separately in olive oil
· To this, add fennel seeds, dry basil, and continue to sauté,
· add sauteed veg to sauce.
· Using flame tamer and lowest heat possible, allow to cook for about 1 hour. Remove celery tops just before serving.
· mix parsley and spinach with ricotta and add 4 cups of Parmesan cheese to this-do this in the R6 or Hobart
· Start by covering 5 deep hotel pans with lecithin-oil mix (2 pans for between courses), then cover with a thin layer of sauce.
· Arrange layers of uncooked lasagna noodles, alternating with layers of spinach ricotta mixtureand mozarella. put sauce on each layer
· Do this until you have at least 4 layers of noodles
· There should be noodles on the top covered with sauce and a bit of cheese.
· Bake for about 1 hour at 350 F.